Ninja shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mick85

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Has anyone kept ninja shrimp? Otherwise known as North Australian Chameleon shrimp? I found some for sale so i ordered 10 but interested to hear if anyone on here has had them before? They apparently change colour depending on their surroundings and won't interbreed with my red cherries so i thought, why not!

Never heard of them, but here are some links that may help:

They look crazy cool though. They do seem like they change color depending on what environment they live in, so they can disappear.

Thanks for that. I've done a bit of reading on them and haven't seen them around before so i might do a little breeding program! They apparently carry tons of eggs compared to neos but the babies are much smaller so more likely to get eaten by fish. If the aquasoil in my planted bowl stops leeching ammonia before they get here i might put them in there!

Ok so i guess i won't be breeding them, like amanos the babies need brackish water to survive :( and the fish bowl idea is out to the door too, they need warm water and the bowl just has a heat mat which won't get the water up to the temps they need. Ah well they can hang out with my cherries in the community tank!

The Ninjas arrived today! There's a couple of super tiny babies in the group which i suspect will not survive unless they find real good hiding spots. Let's see how they go!
20210317_133345.jpg

They must be well trained Ninjas because i can't find any of them in the tank :ninja:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back