Nikon D80

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TylerFerretLord

g͝e͠ek҉
Reaction score
Well, I'm getting more and more into photography so I think I should upgrade to a better camera. I'm thinking of going for the Nikon D80 since I've heard some good things about it, but I figure I should ask here just to see if it would be a good choice.

Also, I'm going to get a macro lens eventually, so any recommendations?

Well, I'm getting more and more into photography so I think I should upgrade to a better camera. I'm thinking of going for the Nikon D80 since I've heard some good things about it, but I figure I should ask here just to see if it would be a good choice.

Also, I'm going to get a macro lens eventually, so any recommendations?

Yep The Nikon D80 is a nice body, Now would be a good time to buy a Nikon D200 if your budget will stretch to it, because the D300 has just come out, so its cheap at the minute.
Bear in mind its a semi pro body though, so you dont get the different scene selection dial, and no kit lens as standard.
Have you used a DSLR before? if not I'd reccomend staying with the D80

As for macro lenses, I have only used the Tamron 90mm f2.8, which isnt too bad for its cheap asking price, bearing in mind you get what you pay for.

Its biggest drawback is that the barrel pretty much doubles in length as it hunts for the correct focal point. If I did more macro work, i'd buy myself the Nikon 105mm f2.8 macro lens.

what camera are you upgrading from?

Would be best IMO to forget the D200 if you're new to DSLR's

I'm new to DSLR cameras so I'm going to stick with the D80 then, unless I can find the D200 for a steal.

Did you get one? How are you finding it? I'm looking at getting a camera soon, and have my eye on the D80 also.

Thanks

Sarah x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back