Nigerian Red Kribensis

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

n-e-w-land

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just picked up a pair of Nigerian Red Kribs and was wondering whether they're any harder to breed than the common kribs. If someone has bred these fish I'd love to hear your experiences. :)

Thanks

They are no harder to breed than regular kribensis. Just a different color form. Keep the temp up at 82 degree's ( 30 C) and do frequent water changes with cold water, and feed high protein food. They will breed.

Thanks for the quick reply, my water is quite hard and the ph is around 7.8 will they still be able to breed in these conditions?

Thanks

Yes, they will. But in my experience, and many other people who have bred them, if the ph is over 7.0, the fry are more likely to be male. If it is under 7.0, they are more likely to be female. 7.0 gives you a good mix of both sexes. If you want to lower the ph, chemicals are NOT the way to go. Try something like Bog wood, or Peat Moss, or R/O water.

Ohhh, i forgot to ask, CAN I SEE SOME PIC'S???

Hi, I took some pictures, sorry for the bad camera work, their colours are more vibrant in the flesh! :rolleyes:

DSCF2110dedit1.jpg

Male
DSCF2107edit.jpg

Most reactions

Back