Nicrew ClassicLed Gen 2 or ClassicLed Gen 2 Plus Planted Full Spectrum

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MammaBearinTN

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
30g long, tropical fish, planted tank (not heavily planted).

Just tell me which one to buy. I'm sick of thinking about it!

Thanks!

I have the classic 2 in one of my tanks and I am very happy with it.
My tank is a 22G long and I have it dialled right down to 40% output. That's plenty for my plants - even the red ones
20210216_192746502_ios-jpg.129245

Thanks so much for that picture. I think I'm going to order that one.

Also had the gen2 and got good results, the pic in my sig has the gen2

Wow, good lights make all the difference. How can one determine the proper light levels for their tank? By this I mean adjusting RGBW levels.

Shallow tanks will need adjusting. I have a Nicrew and my tank is 11.25" tall and has a lot of Hornwort, light is on for no longer than 8 hours a day.

Reactions: 663
I have the Classic in my 20g long:
90D08B82-655A-410C-B595-7CA9BA92A6C5.jpeg

(It definitely grows plants. ;))

I would go with the Gen2 if I were you.

Shallow tanks will need adjusting. I have a Nicrew and my tank is 11.25" tall and has a lot of Hornwort, light is on for no longer than 8 hours a day.

My tank being 21 inches tall, doesn't require a decrease in light frequency? I intend to plant for the first time when it starts to get warm outside.

My tank being 21 inches tall, doesn't require a decrease in light frequency? I intend to plant for the first time when it starts to get warm outside.
Brighter lights are better for taller tanks. Since the Gen2 is 50% brighter than the Classic, it should do well in your tank.

Another major plus for having real lights is that I'm a maintenance beast now. Being able to clearly see algae and other blemishes. I'm constantly polishing and scraping nowadays. :drool:

Another major plus for having real lights is that I'm a maintenance beast now. Being able to clearly see algae and other blemishes. I'm constantly polishing and scraping nowadays. :drool:
How exciting.

:)

Gotcha'.

My ladycave has two aquariums, my parrot, sewing machine, tv, other hobbies..

The mancave is filled with technology, multiple computers, more computers, monitors, keyboard, etc., etc.

Reactions: 663
I see you're a broad-spectrum hobbyist as well. It's one of my favored traits in other folks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back