Nicklfire Rimless Shrimp Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nicklfire

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls this is the moment i been waiting for.. for about 3 months.. and have been thinking of doing for the last.. year.

Finally i rounded up some money and got my 23 gallon HAGEN RIMLESS tank... WOOT WOOT, I also got a new stand to fit it from big als (i'd like to thank marius for bringing that out to chilliwack from burnaby for me.. really appreciated it dude). I got some florabase substrate and i got a sponge filter and a powerhead to drive the sponge filter. I put in that big piece of driftwood from my established 55 gallon tank to cycle it faster.... hopfully in about 4 days or so.. that should provide more then enough beneficial bacteria from the old tank to this one. Also got a submersible heater.. that auto sets itself to 78 F and that's the only setting it goes to.. nothing more nothing less.. no fiddling around with heat settings.

I'm going to be housing some Cherry shrimp and if those do well get some crystal shrimp ss grade.

Hope you enjoy the setup phase.. havnt figured out what i wanna do for plants ...

O YEA and i'm buying a JEBO Lighting hang over type lighting... from ebay... so i got a old. crappy 20w in it's place until i order it..

Here's the prices of everything:

Hagen tank 109.99 (50% off for me) 55.00$

Stand - Big als, 30x12 = 120$

Florabase substrate(1 bag for now) = $30

Sponge filter and attachement = 12$ i know it's a ripoff we have nothing in the wack tho

Powerhead that attached to filter - 24$

Submersiable heater - 24$

JEbo lighting - sure that'll be 100$

TOTAL: 365$

The look on my girlfriends face when she got home... PRICELESS!

Enjoy the pictures..

P1071112.jpg

P1071121.jpg

P1071122.jpg

P1071123.jpg

P1071124.jpg

P1071125.jpg

P1071126.jpg

P1071127.jpg

P1071128.jpg
P1071129.jpg

P1071130.jpg

P1071131.jpg

P1071132.jpg

P1071134.jpg

P1071135.jpg

P1071136.jpg

P1071137.jpg

Excellent piccy's :) Ive just set up a shrimp tank, but went for undergravel, which I know aint the best but being shrimp only I dont think it'll matter and those sponge filters are huge, well they are in my 10x8x8" tank!! Not so in yours!

SS grade shrimp aint gonna be cheap, guess thats why you spend a decent amount on the tank! I put mine together for around 30quid, cheapskate that I am!

Keep us posted, will watch this one with interest :)

Sam

HEy same thanks for the feedback, I spent a bit more on all the equpitment and the tank and stand and stuff caues i kinda wanted to make it a show tank.. for shrimp lol.. I figured out i should spent the extra 5 bucks on a heater that i could set the dial cause chry shrimp need about 70 F so... lol i screwed myself there MEH whatever lol... i'll buy another one down the road lol..

YEa dude, hopfully it will be running up shortly here, i really gotta figure out what type of plants and scape i wanna do, i'm dumbfounded, not sure at all.. not the best at doing scapes, i can get by good but not AWESOME lol.. maybe this will be the one that will be amazing... all these years and aquascaping is the hardest thing for me.. the whole design thing is difficult :)

BUT it's still fun regardless.. hopfully in a coupld weeks at the most i can start moving some shrimp in, i gotta take clippings from my other tank and put them in here to increase the bioload for plants. I think it's coming along good with that wood and java moss i put in there to seed it from the other tank :)

well see, thanksf ro the feedback always looking for suggestions

Looks very good and its a good size for a shrimp tank with enough water for stability. I dont have any scaping ideas but moss and ferns work well for shrimp. Cherrys are a lot less fussy than CRS which demand very good water quality. I just have low no grade CRS, cherries thrive but the CRS breed much slower.
Great pics.

another fellow from chilliwack! looks good, nicklfire were did you get your shrimp? i cant find them anywere i want some for my new tank thank im going to be setting up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back