Newly cycled 125l tank stocking advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

djohnson1974

Reaction score
I've just got through a fish in cycle with lots of patience but no dramas. I'm now after a little advice on stocking.

I've got 8 male guppies presently and am looking to add 2 black mollies 2 sliver movies and 8 cardinal tetras.

My question is will this max out the bio load for the filter (jewel rio 125) and how long will it take for the newly cycled tank to adjust to adding new stock?

Thanks

IT Isn't always a question of maxing out the filter's capabilities (larger filters can always be installed), but instead, often a question of how many fish can comfortably cohabitate within a certain space, and whether said fish can thrive in the same water parameters, tank environment, etc. If my math is correct (it probably isn't), 125 Liters equals a bit over 33 gallons. I think a tank that size would support the number of fish you've listed. However - I'll admit it's been several years since I've kept live-bearers), I don't believe Cardinal Tetras (which prefer softer, more acidic water) will do well in a live-bearer tank, as live-bearers typically prefer harder, more alkaline water.
I can't speak as to how well the guppies will do with larger Mollies, and much larger Swords, as I've never mixed the species, but if memory serves, mollies can be fin-nippers.

I would would add live plants and about 20 Cardinal tetras.

Is your substrate sand or gravel? If sand for bottom dwellers Kuhli Loaches or some Corys.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back