Newbie With Tropical Aquarium Plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 35l tank and wonder if anyone can suggest simple fertilisation for the small amount of plants I have.

Will something like the Sera plant care set be any good for me? If so, I notice it has what appears to be a box that hangs inside the tank? Does anyone know its dimensions?

Or, should I go for simple tablets to place beneath roots?

I'm so new to this so need simple advice :lol:

all depends on what pants you have. could you post a pic or 2 and or a plant list.

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

At the moment, there are moss balls, Cabomba, Anubias nana Bonzai, Cryptocoryne and some grass like plants that sadly I do not know the name of. I am more concerned about the grass like plants than any of the others at the moment as some of the leaves are going brown and dieing off - please see attached pic.

The tank is an Arcadia Arc 35l and I am using the light it came with, but have to admit, I don't think its particularly strong?

Attachments

• PB180013.JPG
    PB180013.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
I'm no expert but that plant looks like my pygmy chain sword.

If it's a new plant chances are it is just adjusting to being grown underwater; so the leaves will melt and they'll grow new aquatic leaves in its place :)

Hi Dipsydoodlenoodle - God I love that name :lol:

Thanks for your reply. I've looked the pygmy chain sword up online and its a promising report about the brown leaves - thank you so much. Here's keeping my fingers crossed this is what I have.

Can anyone suggest a simple fertilisation route for me to go down anyway?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back