Newbie Up North

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mark_lad

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
hey guys am mark am 27 got into fish keeping after a horse riding accident were i fractured my spine. so now i stay firmly on the floor and have gained a few tanks at mo i have 180l malawi tank thats got from 1" - 6" fish , a 2ft tank thats empty at mo just sold off my axolotl and then my two projects one is a clear seal 2ft tank but is deeper than ive seen this is going to be a open top tank with a led lamp its nearly there and the other been a 3ft std clear seal tank i bought with stand ended up throwing stand n built a new one and going to build a matching hood for that one  

hope ive not bored you all and brace your self for lots of questions

mark 

Hi! Welcome to the forums, I hope you have fun here!

:hi: to the forum.

I'd love to see some pictures of your tanks!

Sorry to hear about you breaking your spine, are you almost healed now?

i done my back about 6 months ago am back walking been told not to lift heavy things still on pritty high meds but to be honest am just happy to be alive and walking it was that bad and horse was looped had been abused was scared of humans but i managed to bring him round n could do everything with him n i was re training bk to riding n just one day he went nuts  

as for my tanks ill post some pics do you have a way of up loading or is it photobucket job ?

welcomeani.gif
to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here!

Would also enjoy seeing pics of your tanks. So sorry about your accident, I'm glad you are starting to get better though!
I think there is a way to upload pics here through the site but I have yet to figure it out and usually it results in saying pics are too big I think, so I just use photobucket.

well seen you ask for pics here they are  all still work in progress thou 

first up my malawi tank 

i sold the frontosa as it just didnt get along with its tank mates n was bullied  
sad.png

2ft x 2ft i think tank project 

started like this bought for £20 with a hood that looked rubbish so sold the hood for a fiver 

now looks like this 

still not happy with lighting thou 

2ft x1ft 

bought again for £20 pounds like this 

now looks like this 

all thoughts n comments welcome
smile.png

Hello and 
welcomeani.gif

Hope you enjoy the forum 
smile.png

Love the malawi tank! Such a nice mix of colours!
Is that a chinese algae eater I spot? If so, you might be best rehoming it, as they grow, they become very aggressive, there have been many reports of them sucking the slime coats off of fish :/

You have certainly made the other two tanks look great, compared to there original condition! 

yeah they are algae eaters at mo they dont bother the fish but i could rehome them as theirs a huge pleco not sure of its name lol  3 baby bns and possible  a sailfin but again not sure but hes stunning

yeah i like buying the cheap tanks people have abused and turning them into somit nice to look at :)

thanks for the feed back

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back