Newbie To Marine Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mark34

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i am thinking about moving onto marine tank i am looking into what i would need to change on my system could any anyone help me out please

i have Malawi tank at the min see photo below that i am selling on ebay at the min but thinking would i need to sell it or could i just moved th fish on and add a skimmer ? :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200679123074?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

the filter system is a lotus otterbaby4000 and PISCES HYDRO-FORCE PLUS+ 13000 has a 11uv would these work or would i need to change them ?

it has about 70kg of OCEAN ROCK in it.

I am thinking i mint take some of the rock out as i thinking of doing a fish only setup !!

i am thinking about adding a Boyu DG-2516 skimmer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Marine-Fish-Tank-External-Hang-Protein-Skimmer-Boyu-DG-2516-/400255299409?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item5d31132f51

i have there t8 lighting units 1xt8 10000k 1xt8 8000k 1xmoon light would theses be any good with fish only setup ?

sorry to keep going on am a newbie to saltwater :)

Don't ever apologize for asking questions, that's what we're here for. :)

That's an amazing setup. I'd like to see you able to keep the tank and adapt it to SW. Have you ever treated the tank for ich or anything like that?

L

Have you ever treated the tank for ich or anything like that? ich ? only thing i have ever put in the tank is plant food and wight stop that's all !!

Was hoping i could keep the lights and filter but dont know as the guy in water zoo said i cant keep the pump and filter as there pound filter and pump and not marine safe ?
that they will rusted and the plastic is not safe ?

Have you ever treated the tank for ich or anything like that? ich ? only thing i have ever put in the tank is plant food and wight stop that's all !!

Was hoping i could keep the lights and filter but dont know as the guy in water zoo said i cant keep the pump and filter as there pound filter and pump and not marine safe ?

You posted this in chitchat as well. I think if you read the other topic, you'll get the answer you're looking for. I keep mostly nanos and picos, I don't have to deal with the same things as those keeping larger reefs do.

L

You posted this in chitchat as well. I think if you read the other topic, you'll get the answer you're looking for. I keep mostly nanos and picos, I don't have to deal with the same things as those keeping larger reefs do.

L

thank you i know i posted in the chitchat before here did not know were to post for best results :unsure:

Most reactions

Back