Newbie to fish & forums

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yup.

The carbon isn't necessary all the time either, but can be saved to remove things like medicines from the tank after treatment. Carbon also removes tannins from wood... but carbon only lasts for about 3 months or so before it's no longer doing anything. I keep carbon on hand, in case I need it, but never keep it in the filter full time. It's too expensive to replace carbon constantly. And the sponges get only a good squeeze every so often, never to be replaced until it is falling apart.
That's good to know. I was using the same bag of carbon for over a year before I discovered that it only lasts a short while so I freaked out, rushed out and got some carbon and oh boy, your not kidding about the price. i was shocked. I thought my fish were in danger because the carbon was dead.

Thank you! Both of you for the advice, insight. I really enjoyed this and learned something, always good. I think I may have got this chatting thing down. First time to a forum so it was a little hard to follow at first, especially when more than one person talks to you. OMG, Newbie. I'll get it

Before I go here is a pic of my mollys male & female. I got the sexing down and this just happened to be a great example. My second molly was off gallivanting during this shot. Can you tell them apart? lol

Attachments

• Male & Female Molly.jpg
    Male & Female Molly.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 130
You will have a lot soon...about every 6 weeks.

Thank you! Both of you for the advice, insight. I really enjoyed this and learned something, always good. I think I may have got this chatting thing down. First time to a forum so it was a little hard to follow at first, especially when more than one person talks to you. OMG, Newbie. I'll get it
Haha. I hear ya. I was having the same trouble. I'm new at this also.I'm still trying to follow. I must have read the same comments several time over trying to find the new stuff o_O
I can't believe how long I've been on here. It's daytime again

Before I go here is a pic of my mollys male & female. I got the sexing down and this just happened to be a great example. My second molly was off gallivanting during this shot. Can you tell them apart? lol
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here but is the female the white one? All I'm going on is size

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here but is the female the white one? All I'm going on is size
No the black one. It has a big belly. Arghhh I don't know. Put me out of my misery

Last edited:
Nope, The male is the more white one and the female is the more black one. If you look the female has like 2 small sets of lovely stretched out fins on the bottom. The male has 1 set not as spread out and a well, little male fish part sticking straight back. I hope or I'm further behind than I though! lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back