Newbie Starting Up A Marine Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DIVEPHOTO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys .. heeeelp .. I have a couple of tropical tanks with community fish .. but i have an AQUA-ONE 418 34litre tank that i hope to make in to a marine/nano tank.
my plans are .. 2 clown fish with a couple of anemonies ?? , a lump of live rock and some white live sand . I do realise from reading other post's that this will probably not be suitable.
i have just ordered a small protien skimmer and wave generator.
I do not want to buy a new tank ( the wife will not let me , she doesn't understand me ??) . so any advice will be greatfully recieved. also can anybody recommend a small cheap internal filter that i could use ..
sorry for rattleing on .. it's my first post

cheers guys

I'll move this to the marine section of the forum

Hi Guys .. heeeelp .. I have a couple of tropical tanks with community fish .. but i have an AQUA-ONE 418 34litre tank that i hope to make in to a marine/nano tank.
my plans are .. 2 clown fish with a couple of anemonies ?? , a lump of live rock and some white live sand . I do realise from reading other post's that this will probably not be suitable.
I do not want to buy a new tank ( the wife will not let me , she doesn't understand me ??) . so any advice will be greatfully recieved. also can anybody recommend a small cheap internal filter that i could use ..

cheers guys

It's a very small tank to start with and is going to be hard to keep the parameters stable.

And sorry to say it's to small for a pair of clowns and anemones are expert only.

In a tank of this size your only going to be able to keep a very tiny goby (possibly) and inverts.

Nick

cheers guys

It's a very small tank to start with and is going to be hard to keep the parameters stable.

And sorry to say it's to small for a pair of clowns and anemones are expert only.

In a tank of this size your only going to be able to keep a very tiny goby (possibly) and inverts.

Nick

Hi Nick .. thanks for that .. looks like i will be going back to the drawing board . :S .what is the smallest tank to would suggest for my first marine :look:

Hi Nick .. thanks for that .. looks like i will be going back to the drawing board . :S .what is the smallest tank to would suggest for my first marine :look:

The bigger the better really, for a pair of clowns i would say 30 gallons minimum.

Nick

Hi Nick .. Thanks for that .. i think it's time to check out the small adds.. to see if i can fit one into the livingroom..

The reason i was going to use the AQUA -ONE 418 was it advertises its self as tropical/marine tank.

Thanks again Nick

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back