Newbie questions

Talk about hijacking a post!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fly if you have any more questions it might be an idea to start a new post ;)

I suppose all these beginners questions must get a bit too boring for some of the experts to deal with :sly:

andi, yes there are a few rogh places in cheshire, but were i live is'nt
its a very nice little town, some peeps say in the middle of no were,
and yes you can sleep well at night, lol :lol: past newbe stage becomes
a bit to tough and grissley lmao, :lol: i think my partner in crime would agree, :rolleyes:
creamcheeseandlox phewwww wish you'd shorten that,
and about the movie yes i think it's one of ours, lol :thumbs: :thumbs:

fly258, sorry your thread got interupted, no questions are boring,
if you read some of mine lol , i am ceartainly no fish expert, but i always
answer any that i no can be of help to, once again i apolagise,
:thumbs: :thumbs:

:) Hi fly258, welcome to the forum. Your lfs is correct in saying to leave the pH as it is. Most fish you buy in shops now are commercially bred and do not need their natural soft /acidic conditions unless you want to breed them. By using pH altering chemicals you run into problems when doing water changes and cause yourself a lot of unesscesary work and hassle. If you intend to use rainwater it must be filtered through carbon to remove the nasties. Keep an eye on the nitrites and change up to 50% of the water if the readings climb too high. Use a good dechlorinator with your normal tapwater and you shouldn't have any problems. :thumbs: Mac.

hello and welcome! forgot who i was meant to say that to now and i just read the thread lol

yeppers we wrote the film! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: not much room in the fridge i filled it up lol

changed this cos i read something and i know better not to answer :blush:

opppsss just in case u wondering why i just read something here and i didnt twig about it lol

Hi Mac,
thanks for the advice, what kind of dechlorinator do you recommend?. Ive been looking on the web and it seems there is a mechanical carbon type and also a chemical additive. Up untill reading your post I had never heard of one B4. So far I have been using the wifes water filter to sort it and she aint too happy about it, LOL.
Regards
Jim

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back