Newbie Post

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lestat999

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here so thought I would post a few pics of my two tanks.

Unfortunately the room this tank is in is full of junk so I can't get a full length photo, so I have taken two snaps. This room will eventually be a dining room, once finished i'll get a good photo & post on here.

100_4432.jpg

100_4431.jpg

This Corner tank is in my lounge and is full of Guppies & Swordtails.

100_4437.jpg

100_4436.jpg

nice looking tanks.

What is your stocking on both?

The corner tank looks overstocked IMO - what is that shark looking fish on the bottom? That may grow far too big for that tank.

The other tank has a largish group of loaches, mismatched sizes - I just don't see enough space there for them...

nice looking tanks.

The corner tank looks overstocked IMO - what is that shark looking fish on the bottom? That may grow far too big for that tank.

The other tank has a largish group of loaches, mismatched sizes - I just don't see enough space there for them...

You are right the corner tank is overstocked, the guppies & swordtails will be moved to their own tank soon. The 'shark looking fish on the bottom' is a Pangasius Catfish and is a tankbuster so will be rehomed. Once these guys have been moved the tank should be spot on, but I am keeping a close eye on nitrates especially.

The other tank is a 2m long 160G and is fine for the school of clowns, as the full front of the tank is clear to swim across (and they do). They are mismatched in size but have formed two distinct groups, one is the 6" and over, the other is the Juveniles.

, but I am keeping a close eye on nitrates especially.

i think you should be more worried about ammonia and nitrite

The water is being turned over nearly four times an hour through 2 x XP3's, they have been keeping on top of the ammonia & nitrite for the past few weeks (twice weekly tests showing 0 for both) but the nitrates do build up too quickly which I have been combating with 10% water changes every other day. These water changes do get on my nerves hence the need to move the swordtails & Guppies. The Pangasius catfish has been with me for a couple of years so I want him to go to the right home.

Thanks for your comments/interest.

nice looking tanks.

You are right the corner tank is overstocked, the guppies & swordtails will be moved to their own tank soon. The 'shark looking fish on the bottom' is a Pangasius Catfish and is a tankbuster so will be rehomed. Once these guys have been moved the tank should be spot on, but I am keeping a close eye on nitrates especially.

The other tank is a 2m long 160G and is fine for the school of clowns, as the full front of the tank is clear to swim across (and they do). They are mismatched in size but have formed two distinct groups, one is the 6" and over, the other is the Juveniles.

Cool, good to know that the long tank is ample big enough - without a full tank shot I thought it was just a standard 55gal - tired of seeing 55gals full of clown loaches lol...

Nice tanks. What are those big round fish in the cornor tank?

They look stunning.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back