Newbie here!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm not sure pimafix is the right medication, never used it before but when using any meds its so important to quarantine that fish. I saw you say that you had a cory in there and they are extremely sensitive to meds so an isolation would be necessary to keep the Cory alive. In the main tank, to 75% water changes daily along with a gravel clean daily for at least week. This will help to get rid of all of the infectious partials in the water in order to keep it from spreading. Best of luck!
The cory is in the other tank, this happened in my 10 gallon tank. And yes, definitely I bought a 1 gal tank and quarantined the fish I'm medicating. I'll do the water changes as well to make sure it doesn't spread, thanks!

I'm not sure pimafix is the right medication, never used it before but when using any meds its so important to quarantine that fish. I saw you say that you had a cory in there and they are extremely sensitive to meds so an isolation would be necessary to keep the Cory alive. In the main tank, to 75% water changes daily along with a gravel clean daily for at least week. This will help to get rid of all of the infectious partials in the water in order to keep it from spreading. Best of luck! (Also could you send a picture of the infected fish to make sure it is a fungal infection)

Attachments

• 20210307_154532.jpg
    20210307_154532.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 90
Update: he's swimming in fishy heaven now :(
I'm so sorry, fungal diseases can come on quickly and take the fish in a day or two. It sounds like you gave that fish a great life and I'm sorry this happened. The best course of action now is to do those 75% daily water changes/ gravel cleans, and the new water needs to be the same temp as the water in the tank, and dechlorinated of course. Do this daily for at least a week. Wipe down the inside of the tank with a clean fish sponge, this can be like the one you put in a filter or an algae cleaner sponge. Also, if you haven't done so in the past 2 weeks, take a small bucket of the tank water, and clean out your filter media by swishing it around in it. Again, I am so sorry about your fish and I wish you the best of luck!

Update: he's swimming in fishy heaven now :(
I'm so sorry this happened. From the way you handled things you're going to be a great success in the hobby. Welcome.

Not sure what caused Ember's illness...

... in the case of my poor fish warming temperatures most likely caused fungus. We all think about heaters, we worry our babies will get cold....i live in Texas and try to save money so hold off on AC as long as I can. We also have extreme weather fluctuations. Well, with a heater still in place, and my negligence, my tank got too warm......
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm so sorry this happened. From the way you handled things you're going to be a great success in the hobby. Welcome.

Not sure what caused Ember's illness...

... in the case of my poor fish warming temperatures most likely caused fungus. We all think about heaters, we worry our babies will get cold....i live in Texas and try to save money so hold off on AC as long as I can. We also have extreme weather fluctuations. Well, with a heater still in place, and my negligence, my tank got too warm......
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Unfortunately the rest of the tank succumbed to whatever killed the one I was treating. So now my 10 gal is empty again and will likely be drained and restarted before any new fish go in there.

Unfortunately the rest of the tank succumbed to whatever killed the one I was treating. So now my 10 gal is empty again and will likely be drained and restarted before any new fish go in there.
I'm so sorry. A restart of the 10g will be good, might be fun to redecorate it a bit.

Be sure to let us follow along with plans for the new tank. Everyone will have ideas and info for you along the way...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back