Newbie - Fluval Edge 46 Stand

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

coley17

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post! I have been browsing for a bit and have to say there are some fantastic posters on this site with lots of great info.

Anyway, I recently acquired a Fluval Edge 46L aquarium (in white) and I am keen to set up a planted tropical aquarium. I'm at the very early stages of planning things out re stocking etc but first things first, I need to get a stand for this oddly shaped tank.

Does anybody have any suggestions they could link me to?

I figure I need something that is about 50cm squared to avoid the tank overhanging. I have been looking on IKEA but I am terrified the tank will be too heavy for their regular furniture. The tank will be in the corner of the room but likely not against the wall due to other electrical gubbins in the vicinity.

Would appreciate some advice from folks who have this tank. Ideally I'd like a white stand.

I can't offer any specific suggestions since I've never looked for something of those dimensions, but I wanted to toss out there that some IKEA furniture has a maximum load listed for it - be sure to check for that if you're looking at their tables. Things that are meant for holding stuff (shelving units and tables) usually have that listed somewhere. When that sort of number isn't available, a good weight comparison for the size tank you've got would be if an average person could sit on the table safely.

coley17 said:
Hi all,

My first post! I have been browsing for a bit and have to say there are some fantastic posters on this site with lots of great info.

Anyway, I recently acquired a Fluval Edge 46L aquarium (in white) and I am keen to set up a planted tropical aquarium. I'm at the very early stages of planning things out re stocking etc but first things first, I need to get a stand for this oddly shaped tank.

Does anybody have any suggestions they could link me to?

I figure I need something that is about 50cm squared to avoid the tank overhanging. I have been looking on IKEA but I am terrified the tank will be too heavy for their regular furniture. The tank will be in the corner of the room but likely not against the wall due to other electrical gubbins in the vicinity.

Would appreciate some advice from folks who have this tank. Ideally I'd like a white stand.
I have mine on a table with small drawers underneath to hold fish stuff. I would suggest you get something much larger than the tank and very sturdy that can hold easily at least 100 pounds as that is what it will weigh when full.

Possibly an AV cabinet would work and would help in case you want to hide accessories in it later on down the road.

I too, had a 46l Fluval Edge tank, nice tank and clean design I like, only criticism is its a little awkward for those maintenance cleans
laugh.png

Anyway, I had mine on a stand that was meant for a Fluval Roma 90 tank.
Fits perfectly, sturdy tank that very easily holds weight for the Edge or Roma 90 litre tank and having the cabinet meant could hide all those fishkeeping equipment I seem to acculmulate
nugget.gif

These Fluval stands are easily found on ebay and gumtree etc online for a bargain price or you could buy one brand new from P@H, prices seem to vary.

Just a suggestion for you.

Thanks all for your input.

I'll check out that Roma stand, the dimensions seem pretty much spot on (need to speak to OH about the colour though!).

I'll report back when i settle on something!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back