Newbie Convict Lover

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Convictlover

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and kinda a newbie to fish keeping. Had livebearers growing up (Guppie, Platys etc) and a blue gourami as a teen and then didnā€™t have any fish for 16 years.

Recently decided to get a wet pet as I canā€™t have any other pets where I live. After a month of research I narrowed it down to a Convict Cichlid due to wanting a hardy Cichlid that I could keep alone (didnā€™t want babies), that didnā€™t need a massive tank and had ā€˜personalityā€™. šŸ˜‚

About 3 weeks ago I purchased my Convict + Bristlenose Catfish by live shipping as you canā€™t buy convicts locally where I live. It was a lucky draw on if I got a male or female as they donā€™t let you pick the gender when doing live shipping. I got a male.

I love the fact he has a massive personality, is super interactive with me and heā€™s just so damn cute!!!! Heā€™s only about 5cm atm but Iā€™m totally obsessed and have researched everything I can find on Convicts. Heā€™s spoilt rotten and fed the best of everything. šŸ˜

EF08DAF4-4C62-4C15-B3F7-8758B3411BD0.jpeg

23DEFE1A-41F4-490D-BC68-617F4F7AF9E9.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to see your neat tank and convict pics.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum! Really excited by your enthusiasm and looking forward to seeing your journey!

Wills

Looks great! An elegant lay out.. Would you mind sharing the names of your plants and a couple words about their care? Thanks in advance ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back