New

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

_Pineapple4popsicle

Reaction score
Iā€™m not saavy when navigating this so sorry ahead of time. Hereā€™s the rundown:
Pineappleā€™s parameters are good except water hardness (no water softener). Everything.
Heater set at 78.
Aqueon submersible pump.
3 plants.
10 gallon tank, new as of May 10th.
I didnā€™t know you had to do a cycle, so no, I didnā€™t.
Checked parameters before putting pineapple in the water. Checked water he left, the same numbers.
Temperature same as other tank.
Kept 2 gallons from small tank. He went from two and a half gallons to 10.
5 pellets twice a day. Didnā€™t know I had to soak them. Blood worms 3 or less a week.

When do I change the filter?
When do I do a full change?
I clean gravel once a week, is this enough?
Do I t add the rescue stuff to his water every partial change?

Pineapple is agitated, resting on hammock all the time. He sinks from his hind end and seems to want air. Everything looks good, fins, tail, eyes, sides. Believe it or not Iā€™ve only been doing this fish thing since I rescued Pineapple in February but tried to troubleshoot everything. I have a good aquarium store and they said my water was great as of yesterday.
Please let me know if something else can be wrong. Thank you šŸ™šŸ¼

Welcome! I assume pineapple is a betta?

Good job upgrading the tank!
Could you please post your full water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, gh, kh etc)

You should put some foam in the filter instead of the cartridges it comes with and just rinse them out every 3 weeks or so. Much cheaper and its healthier for the fish.
Do a 25% water change weekly.
Gravel cleaning once a week is fine.
What is "the rescue stuff"? Is it a water conditioner? Do you add a dechlorinator every time you add new water?

Could you post a full picture of your tank? And a video of the fish. You can post a video on youtube and paste the video link here. If you dont want others on YouTube to see the video, you can post it as unlisted. Then only you and others that have the link can see it.

I use a triple filter Aqueon submersible pump filter

Attachments

• 6A98A716-EB02-4BEF-A997-9F605158CF03.jpeg
    6A98A716-EB02-4BEF-A997-9F605158CF03.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 26E5E4FC-6F0C-4558-83A0-D7A21731AFF7.jpeg
    26E5E4FC-6F0C-4558-83A0-D7A21731AFF7.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 38
  • C1147331-ECB3-459E-B9E6-D8AF75F37ED6.jpeg
    C1147331-ECB3-459E-B9E6-D8AF75F37ED6.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 42
Welcome! I assume pineapple is a betta?

Good job upgrading the tank!
Could you please post your full water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, gh, kh etc)

You should put some foam in the filter instead of the cartridges it comes with and just rinse them out every 3 weeks or so. Much cheaper and its healthier for the fish.
Do a 25% water change weekly.
Gravel cleaning once a week is fine.
What is "the rescue stuff"? Is it a water conditioner? Do you add a dechlorinator every time you add new water?
The water is spring water and the only thing I found out is the water has low gh

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back