New World Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jammyhunt

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Just had a rethink and mixed things up for my new set up,got 2 fire mouths 2 acara 2 angels 1 red head seruvem and to plecs plus a few loaches,there are other fish in there at mo but will be moving them as chichlids grow
null_zps43f01575.jpg

null_zps3f306874.jpg

null_zps79ed0d1c.jpg

null_zpscc9c40f2.jpg

null_zps0455a4eb.jpg

null_zps877cd2cd.jpg

null_zps1e8f6880.jpg

null_zpsb9e1274b.jpg

null_zps1b283dfd.jpg

Thats a nice set up!

Especially liking the nice piece of wood on right side of tank. And also the coral type rocks on left side, where or how did you get that effect?

Is this a Juwel trigon tank? 

I have a Juwel trigon 350 (in storage in my garage for the moment)

So am looking for inspiration and this is a decent set up.

Hope you won't mind if I pinch an idea or two from this. 
happy.png

BTW love the crayfish!

Yes it's a juwel 350,took me all week to sort it out but when the water clears a bit more and new lights go in it will look even better

Yup, its looking good already. When the water clears completely in a day or two, be sure to post a pic, would like to see that! 
smile.png

A week to sort that is not bad going actually.

Will probably take me longer as I am incredibly fussy!! lol

What external filter and lights are you running on at the moment out of interest?

And how or where did you get that coral rock formation on left side from?

Sorry for all these question! 
tongue2.gif

I bought the rocks from a local shop and just spent time seeing what would sit on top of the next one and with a spot of silicon it was done easy. Filters are a fluvl 305 and the white one not sure got that second hand with tank but both filter 300 liters per hr so water should be clear as u can get
null_zps25b44fdf.jpg

null_zpsb9466307.jpg

Excellent stuff, that what I was thinking for my tank, either 2 filters like Fluval 305/6 or 1 large filter like Tetra Tec Ex 1200 or something like that. 

2 externals makes sense though, if one fails or has a problem you at least have a filter going that would just about cope for a little while.
Also you can alternate maintenance clean each filters in turns so the effect is beneficial.

Rock formation simply done by forming them in a pattern you liked and then silliconing them into place. I do like that!

Very well done on a pretty decent set up.

Keep up the good work and post pics when the water has completely cleared. Bet it will look good.

Thanks I hope so, there's still work to be done tho lol

How long have you had the Crayfish?..
They are not the best tank mates I have to say :/

2 months,he gets beat up by the plecs all the time,every thing else is to fast for him,apart from my sick angel he became dinner!

Yes.. Anything that will sleep/be remotely close to the tanks bed..

Only lots the one so fare and it was as good as dead,the bigger fish seem to keep him in his place and I try to keep him well fed,but I'll watch and see what happens.the red crabs iv got that are tiny compared to him chase him off

Yeah keep an eye! Heard too many horror stories!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back