New with tiger barbs. Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Alsan

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought 5 tiger barbs in a 50 gallon tank. They are all very active and playful and live with a blue gourami which minds its own business. The problem is that they are only exploring the bottom of the tank. They do not notice the food floating on the surface. I haven't seen them eat since they came. Only floating food is available in my local pet shop and I can't afford food online. Please help.

Yesterday I bought 5 tiger barbs in a 50 gallon tank. They are all very active and playful and live with a blue gourami which minds its own business. The problem is that they are only exploring the bottom of the tank. They do not notice the food floating on the surface. I haven't seen them eat since they came. Only floating food is available in my local pet shop and I can't afford food online. Please help.
They might just need a bit of time to settle in. It's typical of most fish that they don't eat on the first day because they just need to adjust to their surroundings. In the next day or two they should be out and around the upper areas of the tank and eating.

If they aren't showing much interest in the floating food by tomorrow, you can try soaking it beforehand to let it sink. Or you can put into the filter flow to push it around the tank.

Btw what is their max size in captivity. Right now they are 2cm long

Is the tank cycled?
Can you post a photo of the fish?

I fed mine tiny tiny pieces of prawn and meat and they went nuts for it. Also the ubiquitous peeled, cooked, finely chopped pea.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back