New whiptail+ 20 gallon stocking idea+ biggest amazon frogbit I have ever seen

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I finally got a red lizard whiptail!! It's so cute, my amano shrimp are bigger than him or her?? As I mentionned in another thread I was supposed to test my GH at my LFS but I forgot... I also mentionned I was gonna get a 10 gallon aquarium in my kitchen or dining room... Well actually when my dad went at my LFS with me and he saw other aquariums I don't know why, he was like let's get that tank size and he pointed at a 20-30 gallon. He literally told me not to tell my mom and then when I find one on marketplace we will get i and just tell her that the fish I showed her can only go in that tank size and it will be too late for her to say no :rofl::yahoo:(I know she won't be mad). I would like to make a south american fish only and maybe get a pair of appistogramma. What specie stay around 3 inch? I would like to get some ideas and know if there is any south american fish that you like more than others. My little whiptail and the biggest amazon frogbit I have ever seen in my 55 gallon (more than on inch leaves) :

Attachments

• 20200809_102743.jpg
    20200809_102743.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 20200809_101539.jpg
    20200809_101539.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 1596988783796819441631.jpg
    1596988783796819441631.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 215
Nice looking frog bite, wish I could buy it around here but it is against the law to import. It is a very nice looking plant, I like the roots the best. I do small South American tetras in my 55 gallon tank. Nothing as big as 3 inches. The largest are red eye tetra which do grow to about 2 inch long.

your floaters are beautiful, im jealous!

Nice looking frog bite, wish I could buy it around here but it is against the law to import. It is a very nice looking plant, I like the roots the best. I do small South American tetras in my 55 gallon tank. Nothing as big as 3 inches. The largest are red eye tetra which do grow to about 2 inch long.
Amazon frogbit is my favorite floating plant, I will post a picture of the long roots! I meant 3 inch max for the apistogramma

Amazon frogbit is my favorite floating plant, I will post a picture of the long roots! I meant 3 inch max for the apistogramma
Understood, I have to use salvinia for my floating plant in my tetra tank, had beautiful 3 foot plus long anacharis but it melted on me after 8 months

Looks really nice, I received a little frog bite in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Just a few leaves and I put it into my platy fry tank but the pond snails got at it and left almost nothing. I moved the two little leaves left to my tetra tank:(

Understood, I have to use salvinia for my floating plant in my tetra tank, had beautiful 3 foot plus long anacharis but it melted on me after 8 months
Oh that's sad, I think I saw in another thread that you were able to get some anacharis not so long ago?

Looks really nice, I received a little frog bite in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Just a few leaves and I put it into my platy fry tank but the pond snails got at it and left almost nothing. I moved the two little leaves left to my tetra tank:(
I hope it will multiply!

He could hide really easily and be hard to find,
I know but since I got him, he stays at the front of the tank and he doesn't look shy or stressed, the big pearl gouramis were pushing each other at the bottom of the tank for food next to him and he stayed there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back