New Way Of Packaging Plants In Petsmart

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ir0n_ma1den

Reaction score
alright, i went into petsmart the other day and i saw that their plants werent even in water. They are now kept in little plastic containers with some sort of get taped around the roots. I am wondering if these plants are just as good/healthy as plants you would find in an actual aquarium.

I don't even think most of those plants are truly aquatic... :unsure:

i saw them in petco they,re roots are actually in some type of gel, but anyways its not true aquatic cause i read the names of the waters

so your point is to not buy plants packaged that way? Thanks, because i am glad i didnt buy any!

If you're talking about the "aqua plants", they are indeed kept in some sort of gel. They're healthy, though i've seen some that've been out too long and are dying. Few of them are truly aquatic though.

Yeah they have Java Ferns in these packages normally, which seem to do well as long as the leaves are in good shape.

I bought some wysteria this way and it grew like crazy when I planted it in my aquarium so I guess, it works. I would only recommend this if there is no other way to get plants though because it is hard to tell the quality/health of the plants in the gel bottles.

Most reactions

Back