New To The Site.. Not The Hobby!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CichlidAddict

Reaction score
I just found this site today so I decided to join and say hi! My name is Brian. I have kept fish on and off since I was a teenager.. Right now I have a 75g mixed african tank..

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

I have probably 100 pics of my tank from beginning until now.. Its about 3 years old and has undergone a few major transformations along the way..

It looks like you guys have a real nice site here!

Welcome to the site, you should get that tank in the members section at the top its not been up there long so the more the better.

I like the look of the background home made ?

:hi: to the forum and a great looking tank. :good:

Welcome to the site, you should get that tank in the members section at the top its not been up there long so the more the better.

I like the look of the background home made ?

I might add it to the members section.. I'll have to get better pics first.. Those pics up there are crisp and bright..

The background is home made.. I actually just put it in there yesterday but it didn't change the look TOO much because I have 180 lbs of lace rock in there.. Its made out of vinyl guttering, plastic landscape edging, lava rock, and silicone.. I made it to give the smaller fish more places to escape to.. The biggest holes in it are 1"

:hi: Nice looking tank. What do you have it stocked with?

I added it to the members sticky.. I think its a pretty decent pic.. :nod:

My stock is a little low compared to how I usually keep it.. A few months back my heaters wigged out and boiled my tank, killing most of my fav fish.. :sad: Since I will be moving from Michigan to Okc in a few months I decided to wait till after the move to try and re-stock.. This is what I have right now:

Red Top Zebra (1m/1f)
Yellow Lab (1m/1f/1fry)
Demasoni (1m/1f)
Bumble Bee (1m/1f)
Obliquiden (1m)
Red Zebra (1m/1f)
Cobolt Blue (1m)
Acei (2?)
Johanni (1m)
Cribensis (1f)
Unidentified (1f)
3 Clown Loaches
1 Albino Chinese Algea Eater
4 Chinese Algea Eater

I have tried dozens of Pecocks with little luck.. I will try more though.. Hopefully Okc will have different varieties available!

Thanks for the props! I am VERY proud of my tank!! B)

I have tried dozens of Pecocks with little luck.. I will try more though.. Hopefully Okc will have different varieties available!

Join the club - Peacocks don't tend to work well with Mbuna as they struggle to cope with the higher aggression levels. I currently have a Jacobfreibergi in my Mbuna tank and he's doing very well at the moment so it can be done. I also had a stunning yellow Baenschi in there but he was getting picked on so he's now in my 125 gal with the Oscar and co (strictly speaking - another no-no) and he's doing great. :D

Feeding is another problem as most Mbuna are Herbivores or at best Omnivores wheras Aulonocara are Carnivores. My Jacobfreibergi has therefore become vegterian except for the odd bit of brine shrimp. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back