New to the forum

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lene

Reaction score
Hi! I’m Lene, living in Norway and been hooked on the wonderful world of fish keeping 🤩 got my first fish about 6-7 months ago, He’s a beautiful dumbo betta. Now he has several tank mates: 3 platys, 2 GBR, 4 loaches and 10 cardinals.

😊

Welcome to the forum! I’m gonna have to google dumbo betta. Mine was the common kind everyone has. Does yours have big ears?

Yes big white ears. I found in my local pet store and just had to get him

Attachments

• 76151E31-0A84-4F83-89C5-4545869D4138.jpeg
    76151E31-0A84-4F83-89C5-4545869D4138.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 26
WOW. I wish my dumb dumb betta posed like that.

Could you post a picture of your entire tank? It looks lovely 👀👀

And what size tank do you have? Not many people have successful community betta tanks. My only attempt only lasted 2 months in a 15g LOL

Last edited:
Thanks! That picture is from when I first got him, at that time he lived alone in a 30 l biorb with only fake plants, this is the best picture I could find of the setup back then. However, though the setup was pretty and decorative, I wanted sand and live plants and switched to a more standard aquarium. He now lives in a 60 l tank together with some other fish. I think it’s little small for them and I’m considering upgrading to a bigger one.
I’ve also posted a photo of todays setup, with betta resting on top of his root under the catappa leaf. He’s a truly friendly betta and have never hurt any of his tank mates. But he’s clearly the boss in there and if anyone gets to close in his upper corner he flares and scares them away.

Attachments

• 8B356FCF-21A5-494F-8857-F7945CAFE3F6.jpeg
    8B356FCF-21A5-494F-8857-F7945CAFE3F6.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 21
  • A1F54317-E38C-4D2A-AFB4-C7B737B18C71.jpeg
    A1F54317-E38C-4D2A-AFB4-C7B737B18C71.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Welcome to TFF. Do keep a close eye, some people say not to keep Bettas with other fish but I also know people who do. I also know people who had a peaceful tank for months and then one day the Betta turned for no apparent reason and everything got really messy. Just so you are aware the risk never goes away.

Thanks! That picture is from when I first got him, at that time he lived alone in a 30 l biorb with only fake plants, this is the best picture I could find of the setup back then. However, though the setup was pretty and decorative, I wanted sand and live plants and switched to a more standard aquarium. He now lives in a 60 l tank together with some other fish. I think it’s little small for them and I’m considering upgrading to a bigger one.
I’ve also posted a photo of todays setup, with betta resting on top of his root under the catappa leaf. He’s a truly friendly betta and have never hurt any of his tank mates. But he’s clearly the boss in there and if anyone gets to close in his upper corner he flares and scares them away.
Beautiful tank!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back