New to tff

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cowboyjester

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is shane and i am new to tff, however i am coming back into the hobby but not kept fish for 20 years.
In the past i have had tropical fish marines and coral reef tanks but i'm now 60 years old and the memory aint what it used to be and i am looking forward to interacting with other fish lovers and getting advice from experienced fish keepers.
Thank you in advance.
Shane.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to hear you’re coming back to this fascinating hobby after quite some time.

It’s true what they say, fishkeeping can be addictive and people always return to the hobby :)

I look forwards to hearing and seeing what type of tank you plan to set up for whichever particular species you intend to keep.

Welcome back to the hobby.
Things you might find to be 'different'...
Snails and shrimp are a thing!
More awareness and application of the nitrogen cycle.
More focus on plants.
Less fish shops and the dominance of large franchise stores, such as Pets at Home, (not bad for equipment) and Maidenhead Aquatics, (great for fish and chat).
The internet is great for purchases of equipment and even plants. (P&P costs put me off buying fish).
The other impact of Thinternet is the wealth of brilliant info, especially on YouTube. (It's also a source of many myths, legends and half-truths and some downright shoe-makers!)

Thanks bruce.
I know what you mean too many untruths i googled a question yesterday and got 4 different answers on the same page thats why i'm here and again i want to thank you and true fishkeepers in advance for any help as i thoughrly intend to enjoy the hobby.

Welcome to the madhouse.....madness is counted by your number of aquariums....more aquariums = the crazier you must be ;)

As someone who depends on online purchases....ProShrimp (not all about shrimp as their name suggests) are great for all sorts of equipment & aquatic foods such as Dennerle (which I use)....they also have shrimps too. My online fishy hooligan suppliers are Aquatics To Your Door and Sims Tropical, used them for 5-6 years, never had any issues thusfar :)

Thanks bruce.
I know what you mean too many untruths i googled a question yesterday and got 4 different answers on the same page thats why i'm here and again i want to thank you and true fishkeepers in advance for any help as i thoughrly intend to enjoy the hobby.
I did a lot of research and came up with four YouTube sies I know subscribe to. These are;
Aquarium CoOp
KGTropicals
Prime Time Aquatics
Rachel O'Leary

For consistent and detailed info about specific fish species;
Seriously Fish

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back