New To Planted Aquarium - 190 Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hexy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have decided to re-start my tank and go for a planted aquarium. I have a 190 litre tank with flora base substrate currently though thinking of swapping this for a white sandy look in the form of unipac or similar.

I have bought a number of started style plants such as vallis, java fern, elodea, ludiwig, glossostigma and have currently tried using a DIY style co2 set up though to be honest its pretty poor and i dont know what i am doing! I have one on a timer and the other just running straight into my tank with no timer, though i dont even know what if anything is being 'pumped' into the tank as cant see bubbles etc...

My list of plants are:

java fern
crypto
vallis
elodea
Glossostigma
Arcuata
ambulia

Already my ambulia and glossostigma are struggling in my tank and are going brown, only after a week

I am interested in getting a pressurised though am worried that it could explode or something in the house? Also i am working to a budget so cant spend a great deal, would ideally like something around £40 mark but am not good at doing a DIY and would prefer a 'kit' providing it will work?

Please could people suggest and help me out here. I found the fluval 88g kit as such - but would prefer something a bit cheaper if available?

http://www.ebay.co.u...7#ht_1661wt_922

do these kits need replacing often? can i have a timer to set it on off? do i need this? what more should i consider?

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks
hexy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back