New To Manchester

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I've just been to Oasis for the first time and it was well worth it. They offer an excellent range of healthy looking fish in immaculate tanks and every member of staff I came across seemed friendly and knowledgable. Definitely will be returning, wonderful place.

Oasis +2

Oasis for me :good:

BAS would not buy any fish as all i see when i go in there is white spot and dead fish :angry:

Would not recommend BAS went up there recently every other tanks had dead fish in them, a lot of tanks was only 1/2 or 3/4 full and the water and glass looked dirty. After queuing for 15 minutes the one (nice but harassed)member of staff in the fish section informed me the only fish i was willing to take a punt on had not been priced correctly and he did not know how much they was??????
My advice would be stay well clear

Abyss and Oasis are the only LFS I would bother with, have been disappointed with most others. I do agree that abyss are slightly more expensive on the fish prices however the fish tanks are always spotless, there are plenty of friendly staff around to help and its a generally nice experience. They seem to be pretty decent with regards to prices on dry goods too.

BAS is OK for dry goods but have found them to be expensive, the shop is always a mess, the staff are unhelpful and the presentation of the shop is crap.

Since I started this hobby last month I have been to most of the shops in manchester, Abyss is a 30 minute drive from me so not too bad and I don't mind paying extra for a nice experience.

Hello,

so ive moved over to Manchester :cool: just wondered if anyone here knew the best aquatics shops here?
On behalf of PetLogis International Ltd in Hungary.
We would like to introduce our company
And our main products concerning our Cladophora aegagropila
Which provided with excellent quality
Always fresh-green-clean-well selected. We enabling to secure different possible sizes for
2-3cm/3-4cm/4-5cm/4-7cm/7-10cm/10-12cm/12-15cm with advantage prices
E-mail: [email protected]
Best regards. Ahmed Hariedy.

Attachments

• MARIMO.jpg
    MARIMO.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 147
Abyss and Oasis are the only LFS I would bother with, have been disappointed with most others. I do agree that abyss are slightly more expensive on the fish prices however the fish tanks are always spotless, there are plenty of friendly staff around to help and its a generally nice experience. They seem to be pretty decent with regards to prices on dry goods too.

BAS is OK for dry goods but have found them to be expensive, the shop is always a mess, the staff are unhelpful and the presentation of the shop is crap.

Since I started this hobby last month I have been to most of the shops in manchester, Abyss is a 30 minute drive from me so not too bad and I don't mind paying extra for a nice experience.

BAS (now daves aquarium) is very good, and if you want something out of the norm then its the place to go. I always spend a LOT of money in that shop

EDIT: just seen the last post date before the spam one :D 10+ Kudos for me for replying to an old thread woot!

The abyss is ok, they have some nice fish, and there is a very nice girl that work there :wub: but I had a shock experience with them saying they would buy fish from me, and when I got there they said no... and its a good 1.5hrs drive there :grr:

Pets@Home in general are rubbish! overly expensive badly looked after fish, always one to avoid for live stock.

Avoid Manchester Pets and Aquatics like the plague, never had a good experience there with fish or reptiles. I really do feel that it is a disguisting place that should have its license removed.

I can recommend Gay Lyfe in Levenshulme (5 min drive down the road from MPA), they are a friendly store, pretty old school mind. Not been there enough to say they are the greatest ever, but they are deffo acceptable.

Also, if you don't mind the drive, pier aquatics over in wigan has a great range, but they are pretty pricey.

hope that helps :good:

timperley aquatics and world of water also in timperley. the plants in world of water are really good value for money

Oasis for me every time. staff are friendly and knowledgeable .BAS went in there once never again although this was 2 years ago lots of dead fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back