New To Killifish....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

McCool

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm trying to look into killifish, but I really cant find much on the web and the resource center on here seems to be abandoned! I was interested in maybe a pair for my new 5 gallon. Not sure if thats a large enough tank or not. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time finding info, when so many people keep them! I honestly know nothing! I'm not really looking to breed or anything, although if they do thats fine too. The tank is a 5 gallon Fluval Spec, and will be stocked with around 10 cherry shrimp and maybe a nerite snail. Tank has Eco complete gravel and I plan on either planting it or maybe looking into one of those aqua bonsai trees. So... any info would be great! Ill keep digging around in the meantime, see what else I can find out about them. I found a pair of Fundulopanchax spoorenbergi on Aquabid, would these be suitable? Sorry for such basic questions!

Have you looked in the pinned links in the top of this room above your post?

yesterday i went into maidenhead aquatics and they had 3 panchax in a 8L tank....

you could keep 3 or 4 pairs of gardneri in that,,, i have a lot of pairs of gardneri gold in small tanks and they are laying eggs everywhere... the eggs hatch about 14 days later but the larger fish are eating fry.... if you want to rear babies its easier to put in a spawning mop and take it out every other day and take eggs from it and put in a tub to hatch out..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back