New to fish keeping need help

Gracelang37

Reaction score
Hello
I have never had a fish tank before and am starting out with tropical freshwater I was looking at buying the fluval roma 200 and was just wondering if anyones knows if that is a good set up and if not what is the best set up

I have the roma 200l, its a great tank. I started off with the roma 90l in the first place and the roma brand was good enough for me to look into getting another, larger version of it. So yes I would recommend it.

Is the u4 filter that comes with it enough filtration as I've seen people online say it's not good enough for that amount of water

I would upgrade to a canister filter if you can. Im not sure how good the U4 is tbh mine didnt come with it but external filters are much better than internals when it comes to bigger tanks.

They dont take up room in the tank, hold more media and a lot more powerful which helps on water flow etc

Reactions: Bub
I agree with @Russjw. If you have that big of a tank, you need a canister filter.

I don’t have any suggestions on brands though. :fish:

Also if I got a canister filter would I need a wave maker, powerhead or air pump
(Might seem a silly question but I am very new to fish keeping)

Also if I got a canister filter would I need a wave maker, powerhead or air pump
(Might seem a silly question but I am very new to fish keeping)
You wont need a wave maker or a powerhead. I have a air pump with 2 air stones attached for mine which helps with water movement and surface agitation.

Certainly go for a canister imo. I found the fluval u-series to be very inadequate. I've had fluval, eheim and JBL canister filters and they are all very good. At the moment I have a JBL cristalprofi e1502 running on mine after I broke my old eheim ecco pro 300. Both were great, though the handle for opening the eheim filter isn't the strongest, so if you go that route then make sure to take care with it. I don't use a wave maker or powerhead, I just have the filter and I also have an air pump that comes on at certain points during the day.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back