New to aquarium plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

marcelapa

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm wondering what prep you suggest once I receive my live plants in the mail? 1 anubias nana on lava rock, bacopa c., morimo moss ball, banana plant. I've read about possibility of snails and other nasties. This place I ordered plants from seemed good and excellently reviewed.
I have a 2 month old 10g tank with fish. Marina Slim 15 filter. Water parameters all good.
Currently have an incandescent 20w bulb in an old school style lid/light combo. I realize I should at least get an led. Would prefer not to swap much out. I live rurally where there's no pet store but there's a hardware store.
Also, as for stress to fish when adding plants...is that something to seriously try to avoid? Like introduce 1 plant at a time?
Thank you!
Mpa

I usually give the plants a 30 second dip in 3-1 water to 3% H2O2 solution, then wash them and let them rest in dechlorinated/tank water for about a week, with daily changes (100%). If there are critters, they will come out or drop, and if they had pesticides, this will remove them. Some people do bleach dips, but I have not done those. You can put all of them at once, fish usually like plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back