New Tanks Have Arrived!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blobfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
At last, things are moving with the plan to swap over to new tanks.  

We caught the two oscars on sunday evening which was interesting.  Iggy only just fitted into the net and Meru didn't fit but we managed, amazing how powerful they are!  As soon as they were out of the water my OH put a towel over the net and we dashed them through to the room where I had set up two 120L rain water butts with water from the tank, heaters and the filters running in them.  They went in with no trouble and I have cover the top with a slatted base from a small settee and then an old sleeping bag over it.  The room is not been used and is kept dark.  I've peeked in at them a couple of times with a low light and they seem OK, it's quite amazing to see them just drifting in the depths, almost as though they are hibernating.  Breathing is slow and steady, colour is good.  They haven't been fed since Thursday so fingers crossed all will be well.  It's the first time I've had to move big fish.

Today ND Aquatics have delivered the new tanks for them which are 4' x 2' x 2' each.  I can't believe how beautiful they are!  So wonderfully put together and finished.  We have to finish papering the wall they are going against and then the stand has to be built but fingers crossed the oscars will be in their new homes later today!

Wallpapering in progress

103311.jpg

Wood, ready for the stand

103318.jpg

The tanks!

132407.jpg

:good: Looking forward to seeing your progress, Mr Blobby! ;)

the_lock_man said:
good.gif
Looking forward to seeing your progress, Mr Blobby!
wink.png

Thanks Lock Man.  I have to confess that this won't be a very unique or creative set up, just sand and a few stones but I'm excited all the same.  Four more smaller tanks are arriving in three weeks for the smaller fish and I guess those might be worth a thread in the members tanks section :)

Most reactions

trending

Back