new tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jht

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i am getting my first tropical tank on saturday its 10 gallon wanted some ideas for a begginer tropical person

Just get whatever you want! Just as long as the fish will not outgrow your tank. Be sure to do lots of research, and make the right choices. Tetras and small barbs like tiger barbs work well with a 10 gallon. There are actually many choices you can make, but there are more options with larger tanks. :thumbs:

Jht, here are some sites you can browse for experienced aquarists advice on fish for beginner tanks, including small ones like yours.

No one can say what you will find attractive or interesting or what you will find is available, but as Jesse says, do your research -- and try to be sure you aren't getting fish that are incompatible or will outgrow your tank, and be careful of getting too many fish too quickly.

Once you have some specific ideas, people here will be happy to share their experiences of keeping those types of fish -- just ask! Meanwhile HTH. ;)

Suggestions for Newbie Tanks
Beginner Fish
Impulse Fish
Recommended Fish

:D TETRA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glowlights are meant to be a reasonably hardy breed of tetra, and we had 6 of them which was perfect to cycle the tank, the smaller the fish, the more u can fit! with bigger fish in a 10 gall you will probly only be able to keep 3 - 4 max depending on what they are.

Starry^

:thumbs:

i REALLY want a couple of guppies and a male and female siamese fighting fish will this be alright.

I did a quick search and this seemed like the best place to send you for this question. I would also recommend that you post this question (the guppies and bettas question) on the Betta Bowl Forum to see what our betta keepers have to say about it.

Betta Tankmates

As for keeping a pair of bettas, I don't think that is generally recommended -- too hard on the female. Usually at least two females to one male is suggested with lots of plants and decorations that the females can hide in.

Good luck with your tank!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back