New tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kelp23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, so yesterday I decided my 110l tank want big enough and decided to upgrade to 240l. It got delivered last night and I've spent all day setting it up. It still needs to settle a little bit I'm now on the look out for new fish!

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_165035.jpg
    IMG_20201011_165035.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 130
It is coming along, I would suggest moving the large piece of wood more toward the center to help hide the heater and to have more balance.

It was in the middle in old tank so wanted it at the side for a change but I think it's too far over now so probably will slide across a bit. I've got bubbles to hide the heater and I want some taller plants for the middle too.

Nice set up and a nice sized tank, lots of options for you.

The tank will be nice when the plants have grown in more and settled completely.

Do you think putting on a plain black or blue background poster or card onto the back of tank will help it pop a little more, will shows off the colours of tank inhabitants better?

Nice set up and a nice sized tank, lots of options for you.

The tank will be nice when the plants have grown in more and settled completely.

Do you think putting on a plain black or blue background poster or card onto the back of tank will help it pop a little more, will shows off the colours of tank inhabitants better?
I'll try it, got coloured paper so it will give me an idea

Happy day,

As long as today is Unasked-For Opinions Day, I learned that fine art hung above the open top of an aquarium is likely to become owner-modified...that is to say.... not so fine...over time as the material upon which said fine art is placed absorbs the humidity rising off the tank. This is especially so with paper used for watercolor. Adding breaking bubbles to the equation hastens the transition of the art to something the original artist did not intend.

Also, its ok if your hardscape is uniquely balanced to your tastes, but there's much less flexibility when it comes to your checkbook being balanced. Financial institutions have views on such matters.

I am not green with envy, that's just my natural skin tone. Kermit is not my father, either. Probably.

Happy day,

As long as today is Unasked-For Opinions Day, I learned that fine art hung above the open top of an aquarium is likely to become owner-modified...that is to say.... not so fine...over time as the material upon which said fine art is placed absorbs the humidity rising off the tank. This is especially so with paper used for watercolor. Adding breaking bubbles to the equation hastens the transition of the art to something the original artist did not intend.

Also, its ok if your hardscape is uniquely balanced to your tastes, but there's much less flexibility when it comes to your checkbook being balanced. Financial institutions have views on such matters.

I am not green with envy, that's just my natural skin tone. Kermit is not my father, either. Probably.
Ha ha, my fine art is a cheap print from B&Q and I have a lid so that's one problem sorted.

My husband is my financial institution and he is likely to disown me if I purchase another single thing.I might try to sneak in one more bit of driftwood and a couple of fish but that's my limit

Happy day,

I've been tempted to make a more realistic and inexpensive hardscape that reflects the true nature of many areas. Its just hard for me to want to drink Budweiser and use the empty beer cans that way.
I wouldn't have any problem with the drinking bit

Happy day,

I've been tempted to make a more realistic and inexpensive hardscape that reflects the true nature of many areas. Its just hard for me to want to drink Budweiser and use the empty beer cans that way.
Hmmmm beer cans.
About 30yrs ago I woke up from a dream in which I owned a table made of beer cans. It had a clear Perspex top and beer can legs. Convinced there’d be a market for this brainstorm I priced up Perspex and discussed manufacturing techniques with workmates. Eventually the idea faded away into history.
Last year it popped back into my head. New workmates where even more enthused until one looked on eBay. They’d been a ”thing” since the 60s at least. Maybe I hadn’t dreamt it but seen one on tv and it’d seeped through into my dreams decades later?
So....beer can aquarium stands then....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back