New tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
This is the type of shrimp which came with the tank. Any ideas what type they are? Or are they just fish food?:unsure:
20200926_191630.jpg

Kind of hard to tell, am guessing here but could be tiger shrimp or maybe a Caridina Babaulti as these two species come in a quite a few varieties of colours.

Definitely not crystal or neocardinas.

As I say, these are guesses as I have not seen a shrimp quite like that before, and maybe a few more detailed pictures of your shrimp might help, tail and face area details will help more.

Hopefully someone will recognise that for sure but maybe for time being if you can google the two guesses I’ve made and compare pictures and see what you think.

Going to change my mind about neocardina upon seeing these other images now.

Going to perhaps say it’s a neocardina palmata?

Have a look at video below and compare to see if it’s similar to your one.

Hey thanks!
Yep that looks the same.
By the way, do ghost shrimp breed relatively easy?

If the water quality and parameters are favourable and no large species of fish around therefore no stress and then there’s no reason why ghost shrimps won’t breed in your tank.

Anyone tried one of these before? I got it for about £12. I haven't installed it on my new tank yet but was just interested if anyone has any experiences with it.
20200930_162323.jpg

Just a small update.
It's taken soooo much longer than I had expected it to. I have sort of changed my mind from doing a full on aquascape and have decided to do something a bit more unique. I got my hands on a beautiful piece of wood last week and I've placed in the tank. I wanted one which poked out the top of the water. I've also gone for play sand really just to experiment in view of putting it some of my other tanks instead of gravel.
It's only a very small update but I have now planted all the plants so I will post another picture tommorow once the water has cleared itself. I also have some rocks in there now as well.
20201002_173325.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back