New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thanks
the 10 gal tank has a power filter.
the kind you remove it and put in another.
i know im cheap.lol.
ron

Hey, nothing wrong with being careful with money when it comes to tank equipment.

We all know how expensive this hobby can be and saving money here and there is all well and good. Its knowing the difference between a decent bit of kit and a rubbish bit of kit at cheap prices makes the difference, only experience and advice from others help with that.

I have been known to go to car boot sales and online sites and buying cheaper stuff, my hob filter on my 10 gal was only £1 (@ £1.50 US) and a my 3 foot tank was only £6.50 (@ $10 US) as a couple of brand new pieces of kit examples.

And of course I have done a few simple DIY filters and light set ups to help with cost plus I find it fun to try to think of solutions :)

its on it's way.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 40

i know im cheap.lol.
I disagree.

Just because it is cheap don't mean it wont work better than something 3 or 6 times the price. I have learned that there is a lot of products that are neutral at best and could be harmful to fish at the other end of the scale.

hey guys
knowing that i took the filter out of my 10 gal and put inside my 40 gal canister filter,did a couple 3 gal water changes on the 10 gal and added it to my 40 gal.should i start checking the water yet,and if so what numbers do i look for ? or maby do a couple more 3 gal water changes ?
ron

hey guys
my 40 gal looks a little cloudy today.
is that normal in the cycleing process ?
ron

Cloudy water in newly set up tanks and cycling is pretty normal.

Bacterial bloom is what it is.

Will clear up by itself usually  within a week or two at most.

No need for water changes, won't do any harm to the fishless cycle, in fact i recommend not doing any water changes at all until cycle is complete. Doing water changes can slow down the fishless cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back