New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

New Ray coming on the 16th :D Henlei x Mantilla hopefully will come out black as it grow's . Will post pic when i get it. Also hoping to get a large florida gar if i can , i have one atm which is int he other tank but its only about 4 inch and would be snapped up in this tank.

For those who are not sure what the rays look like below are pure bred henlei followed by Mantilla ray (these are not mine unfortuantly!)

henlei2.jpg

and Mantilla

Picture20003-1.jpg

the pictures ive seen of the cross breed is brown with black marking however most black rays are brown when juvinile

New Henlei x Mantilla ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ-2kr-6uAw

Currently in the smaller tank whilst it beefs up a bit

Quick update -

Noticed a leak in the tank so i had to empty it and re-seal it , luckily i have not lost any fish through the distruption. Must say it's a little scary getting a big ray out of the tank! Had to choose a bg storage container and usher her in there and then lift the box out hoping she doesn't try getting over the edge or taking a swipe at me :)

Couple of Pics:

My dad in the tank while re-sealing it :

dadinthetank.jpg

Full Tank sho once re-sealed, cured and filled up again. Extra filteration in atm just incase the sump media lost any bacteria

fulltankshot2.jpg

My ray's barb, it's actually got two so expect the one in the pic to fall off soon:
raybarbone.jpg

Couple more of the ray
ray1j.jpg

ray2lc.jpg

looks fab mate, I really want a tank of this size

are you still enjoying keeping the rays? I still plan to do that properly one day

Is your tank in the garage? mine is and its a nightmare heating it in this weather!!

Simon

looks fab mate, I really want a tank of this size

are you still enjoying keeping the rays? I still plan to do that properly one day

Is your tank in the garage? mine is and its a nightmare heating it in this weather!!

Simon

Aye loving ray's want a couple more but would need bigger tank lol. Don't be put of ray's by your experience with retic's they're hard to keep, save up some cash and spend at least £100-£200 on a decent ray and you'll have better luck , i cheated and paid more and got this at 9inch lol.

As for heating i have 2 heaters in the tank ( thats what's in the white pipes with holes in them) and 2 in the sump, 3 of them are 400w and the other is 200watt. doesn't cost to much as i spent alot on insulation the shed .

I;ll have a crack whenever i move and get a bigger tank againJust need that bigger house and a little pot of gold!!!

I;m ok up to 26c on mine but struggling to get up to discus temps with the 4 heaters I have in there

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back