New Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i just bought my tank today , its actuly a 75 galon. i decided to get it because there was a black friday sale :good: but this turend out well becasue now i dont have to give away my full grown hippo tang! :fun:its not fully set up yet but i'll post pictures when i do.

Nice! Keep us posted with pics and maybe a diary of setting up. :good:

ok well, ive sorta been working on this all day :rolleyes: but in the end it looked like this:
DSC00525.jpg

i made the base and still need to put some siding on it, i had to make an electical outlet behind it and belive it or not that took more time than building the base :lol: its not filled up yet, but im going to do that tommorow, after i glue the wall paper back on. ;) every thing has gone really well so far, the only bad thing is i dont have a filter yet :( but thats ok, becasue im saving all my money for it :D

the tank actuly came out realy nice, it has a black plasticboard finish with metalic bottoms. and the tank is filled now, unfourtunetly the hose has been out in 50 degree wether so the water is freezing cold. , oh well. :/ it wil be fine by tommorow , im sorry i dont have anny pictures , the camera is out of batteries :X

Im really sorry i haven't updated this sooner but ive been havign a really crazy month, between school shootings , food poisoning , photoshop projects, the holidays, trips to closed amusment parks (because im obseesed :rolleyes: ) and alot of other things. But anny way here a picture of the tank now:
DSC00628.jpg

The stand was really nice, and its hard to belive that it's hand made. i also got the filter, heater, slat, gravel, chemicals, stuff, ext. So all i really need is live rocks before i can get a fish! (i think)

Hi, Sorry for the triple post but heres and update. :)

My tank now has about 13 pounds or so of live rock and I'm sorry to say I'm sorta running out of money. :unsure: The people at my LFS told be i need about a pound per gallon so that would mean like 60ish more pounds! And thats practically 300$ worth of rocks! :blink: Does any one know if i can get good rock somewhere for less money? because that would really help, because i still need to fund my 1# obsession (roller coasters) and buy my two Season passes to Six Flags and Cedar Fair Parks.

does any one know if thats a real guess as to how much rocks i need, or if i can go with less for now. My dad is in a rush to get a fish but i keep telling him we need more rock before that. and i don't really want to tell him how much this tank is going to cost to fill with rocks.

Try looking around online. You could find some good deals on alot of things including LR. From what I've read on alot of topics, anyone who ordered LR like this off the internet usually is very happy with the condition of the rock once it arrives and it seems that alot of the little critters are still alive on the rock after it arrives (though obv most of the bacteria has starved and it needs to be re-grown, aka cycled)

Sorry I can't give you more info but I hope someone who has ordered LR online can give you a good site where you can get reasonable LR :good:

Check out ebay and get it ship over a couple days. It's not like you have any live stock right now and the die off wouldn't matter. I bought some live rock off ebay for about 1.99$/LBS

I also got some from saltwaterfish.com. they ship it two days and I didn't get an amonia spike when I put it in my tank. My buddy bought his from petsolutions.com. It was cheaper than saltwaterfish.com

My two cents

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back