new tank what can i put in the

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gareth

Reaction score
hello again ive had my tank running almost 3 weeks started out on 2 mollies but want to know what i can put in with them, i'd like ti have guppies and neons in there
suggestion as what else would be suitable would be appreciated

tank size is a 24x12x15 60 litre

Neons and Guppies are great fish to start off with. I think they'd be ok with Mollies. But Mollies require a slightly higher PH level. Also Ive found mollies to be very prone to desiese, which could spread.

Why not try some Angels these are really nice fish and from my experience they won't bother any other fish. Although they can grow quite big. You could also get some bottom feeders, like catfish or Plecs, again these are pretty tame and the tank will look busy but not overcrowded.

Mollies require salt to be added to their water so aren't really suitable for mixing with neons or any other Amazonian fish.If you get angels you cant have the neons or other small tetras as the angels will eat them.If you want to keep the mollies you should look for fish that share their like of salt.

Oh, guess how stupid I feel? But I can say that Ive got two Angels and some neons in my 300L Tank and they never look near them. Must be just luck i suppose. Still i'll take your word for itbecause you seem to know what your taking about. :*)

No need to feel stupid Dave everyone has different experiences with different fish,sometimes if fish like angels are brought up with neons as tank mates and never introduced to large foods they wont prey on them and other times............well im sure i dont have to go into detail :eek: :no:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back