New tank waiting to cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

goldenclaw

Reaction score
Hello,
Just waiting to cycle my tank before fish
Live rock and Live sand and keeping the light out to 20170326_235228 (2).jpg preventing algae
Not sure how I want the live rock to be arranged yet, It's been moved a time or two just today.

Do you have some kind of ammonia in there to help in cycle?A damselfish is a nice hardy fish that you could usefor cycling.

While that is good I am pretty sure a source of ammonia is needed somehow so maybe get some bottle ammonium for that no additives though.You can get it online or at ace hardware.

I am going to look up care for that (damselfish) putting chems in my tank scares me haha... The fish route would be better for me maybe.

No need to add ammonia -

Track your water chemistry daily, the die off in bacteria from when you transported the rock will trigger an ammonia, then nitrite spike, once both have passed and you have had 2/3 days of 0,0 readings you're ready for your first fish.

Don't add fish for a cycle.as stand by says the live rock will do it.check my journal for checking cycle.

I kept a report of test which follows this text

SaltWater Aquarium all PPM
3/26
PH 8.0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ammonia 0 Salt 1.026
3/28
Ph 8.0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5 Ammonia 0 Salt 1.026
4/4
Ph 8.0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5 Ammonia 0 Salt 1.029

I have no added any salt and that is tested with a refractometer calibrated with distilled water . the hydrometer shows a 1.26. I didn't have the refractometer until the 1.029 test.

What do you guys think? the tank is 10days old. Trying to be patient and wait out the 30 days. 1/3 way there.

Doing good I would say your done cycling from the loks of it though
cause if i remember correctly nitrate is the very last beneficial bacteria that you need to get so it looks good to me

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back