new tank-stocking ideas?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Caleb83837

Reaction score
My new 7 gallon planted tank, and first attempt at scaping. What do you guys think I should stock it with? I've been thinking celestial pearl danios, but I am unsure if this tank is too small for their activity levels. Also thinking about Chili Rasboras.
Not too keen on a betta at the moment. Thoughts and feedback appreciated :)

Attachments

• fishtank planted.jpg
    fishtank planted.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 70
OOoo! Nice tank. You might not have this in your area but I've seen it at the LFS and I've done research on it, and they look really nifty.

Asian stone catfish/ anchor catfish: bottom dwellers that don't need much space(only 3 gallons). They eat catfish pellets and protein rich foods. After they get used to the tank, they will start roaming the front. Also, looks like you have plenty of space on the bottom as well as nooks and crannies they can hang out in.

otocinclus catfish: You've probably heard of them, tiny and cute clean up crew fish, and can live in a variety of conditions. They do need a group though, so you should take that into consideration

Shrimp: Really any type of shrimp - amanos, cherries, crystals, etc.

Chili rasboras seem like an excellent schooling fish for this small tank

Endler's livebearers: Really small, cute, and come in fancy colours. They will also breed tons of babies.

These are just suggestions, but you should check that they fit in your water parameters that your tank already has.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention corydoras catfish - also bottom feeders

These are anchor catfish- really cool
1.jpg

What are the dimensions of the tank? Do you know the GH of the water? Really lovely scape you’ve got there!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back