New Tank Setup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

evanb

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
20200917_183735.jpg

Ok. So I bought this little tank for my mum a little while ago. It's 10 litres so pretty small. At the moment it has 4 baby mollies in it which I have taken from my 180 litre tank. They all seem pretty happy.
The reason for this thread was to get peoples opinions on how I should layout the sand/gravel and plants and stones ect. It has 1 fake plant and log at the moment (which I hate). Also what fish?
I have a bit of experience with tanks but I just wanted some other people's opinions.
Thanks in advance!

I agree about the log. Maybe smooth stones randomly placed?
Live plants, tall and thin rather than bushy...I would leave open space for the molly , maybe some floaters?
What area do mollies naturally occupy?

The mollies spend most of their time on the left hand side.
I agree with you about leaving some clear space for them.
Someone was saying about getting stones off the train tracks(not too sure about that one)

Also, why did you move the mollies to a smaller tank? That tank is not big enough for them.

I would get sand, play sand is the best IMO. Also, more live plants. Anacharis, java fern, anubias, and java moss are all great choices for now.

If you can find a small piece of driftwood, that would also accent the tank.

The reason for moving the mollies was because I've had a few fungus problems in my large tank so..also they're still very small:)
I'm changing my other tank to sand so maybe that's a good idea. It definitely looks better I reacon!
I will be moving the mollies back into the larger tank once I'm sure all the fish are ok.
Also, I would love some advice on what species of fish to put in there. Or shrimps:cool:

Ok, just making sure.

We need to know the hardness of your water. You can find this out by going to your local water providers website, or by calling them.

The number you need is 277 mg/l. That's the same as ppm. It converts to 15.3 dH which is hard water, hard enough for mollies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back