New tank prices

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Craig

Reaction score
I have been looking around at new tanks on the web and in local shops and I have been amazed at how much they can cost. I only have a very small tank at present but I will be looking to get a bigger one at some point.

I found this site - http://www.aquariumcity.btinternet.co.uk/

They seem to have good prices, e.g. a 48" x 18" x 15" tank (just the tank) for under £60 including delivery. This sounds pretty good to me, any thoughts ?

Yes, especially if you get loads of bits and pieces thrown in with them. I now possess 5 tank heaters, so I'll never be stuck without a spare :)

That is dear m8.....very dear!!!!!!!!!!!

But as others have suggested buying secondhand can be a really good way of getting a bargain ;)

I shall be doing a topic on this subject a.s.a.p :D

Hi Craig,

I would agree with buying used, i have brought 2 used tanks now off the net. ;) The first was a 36 x 18 x 12, this included heater, light, filter, air pump, cabinet (which happened to go with my furniture :D ) and many other accessories all for £100, i did have to travel for it though about 85 miles each way. But well worth it.

The second is a Juwel Rio 400 which again came with some extras, mainly a external filter. (juwel tanks come with everything as supplied).

Hope this helps

Gaza T

I had mine as payment for some computer work I did for someone! LMAO! :laugh:

My 3 ft (tank only) was £24.00 (well except 1p!!) excluding delivery. So £60 sounds expensive to me.

I got a fish hut with everything including tank,s etc electricty and water for nothing. :p bet you're all jealous now :p :laugh:

Did you get the space to put it in free too?? ;)

yep. it was a converted garage that needed some cleaning/tiding up. Got the whole lot for nothing.

My three foot tank cost me €250. I presume I was ripped off as he is the crap fish shop. Mind you I got a filter and heater included. No Delivery though

What filter and heater did you get with it? for that price i'd expect a stand as well and a few other things. Sounds like he's charged you for the stuff he's "thrown in".
even going to a standard glazier you could have built it for cheaper. Sorry M8. There are a few unscruplious shops about but if word gets round how bad they are they won't last long. Maybe we should start a "hall of Shame" But we'd be guarenteed to get in trouble for this unless you happen to be telling us of a bad experience or two. ;)

You can spout off about a legitimate problem, that you can document. But let others decide on the info whether they want to shop there or not. Don't ever exaggerate a problem.
This will keep you out of trouble.. :thumbs:

Freedom of speach isn't it a wonderfull right to not have. :laugh: :hehe:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back