New Tank New Fish Woohoo

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
Today I bought a N. Hecqui ($6.95) and a Alto Calvus ($30) purely stunning is the black/brown A calvus is it a rare fish???
Any info on these two fish would be great

Today I bought a N. Hecqui ($6.95) and a Alto Calvus ($30) purely stunning is the black/brown A calvus is it a rare fish???
Any info on these two fish would be great
They are Tanganyikan cichlids & not compatible with your other fish.
IMO you would do better spending money on suitable accomodation for the fish you already have rather than buying more fish.

They are in a seperate tank not my 32 gallon and I don't have enough space and money to get another tank.

:/

Remember, don't push it!

What seperate tank are the Tanganyikans in?

Oh, and by the way, I changed my username.

Dude, I just brought home two rare puffers today that cost me over $100 EACH. :D

Dude, I just brought home two rare puffers today that cost me over $100 EACH. :D

Cool. I'm a little chicken to buy expensive fish, my most expensive was my Koran Angel, dead now. He was worth 70$, but the manager gave him to me for 40 bucks.

they are in a Ten Gallon tank may be over ten gallon

For how long?

Well.. your 32g is overstocked.. and it seems you've just overstocked your 10g as well...

Let's not dodge around things here.

Well, with proper filtration and water changes, the 32 is still manageable.

However, QuotheRaven, you should try to do some research before buying a fish you are unfamiliar with. :nod:

-Lynden

So black ghost knifes are fine in 32g tanks?

couple things from a few other sites

''Maximum Size 16 to 20 inches''
''size: up to 20" (49cm)''

Too big for a 32g tank.

Gee such aggression I have a 1000 litre filter I do a 1/3 water change every two weeks all my fish currently are small and the BGKF is only 4 inches the angels are small and growing slow Im buying a new tank in 3 months and My LFS owner said the two cichlids are fine it that tank Alto Cavlus are not terratorial at all either

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back