New Tank Ideas

tylapollyanna

Reaction score
FDA18E7E-C003-4401-91D5-691A7B14F846.jpeg
This is my new tank set up but something just feels a bit empty or off to me. I can’t explain it but something is missing. It feels a bit too one dimensional if you know what I mean?
Any suggestions on how to make this tank come together?

Attachments

• FD50E1DE-5EA4-48E3-A7CB-12285B090048.jpeg
    FD50E1DE-5EA4-48E3-A7CB-12285B090048.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 43
I think it looks lovely as it is, but you could always find a nice piece of wood to fill the gap in the middle and add some height? You could attach some java fern or anubias.. Even moss if you fancied it. But I think it's lovely as is

I think it looks lovely as it is, but you could always find a nice piece of wood to fill the gap in the middle and add some height? You could attach some java fern or anubias.. Even moss if you fancied it. But I think it's lovely as is
yeah I was thinking some type of wood but what type of wood? My local pet shop only have a few and they’re not tall.
and thank you! ?

Redmoor would look nice? Have a Google 'aquarium wood types' and just see what takes your fancy... You might have to order some online as the shops are often hit and miss... But then you don't always know what you're getting online ?

It looks good!

I would personally add some taller plants in the middle, such as Amazon Sword or Vallisneria.

View attachment 136379This is my new tank set up but something just feels a bit empty or off to me. I can’t explain it but something is missing. It feels a bit too one dimensional if you know what I mean?
Any suggestions on how to make this tank come together?
Floating plants? Red root floating plant is my favourite at the moment, it didn’t look much when I first got it but it is growing into its name.

I also liked frogbit (I think) it had the most beautiful ‘fluffy’ roots hanging down, but it didn’t like being dripped on so didn’t so so well...?

Yeah vallis would look really nice there in the middle too!

Redmoor would look nice? Have a Google 'aquarium wood types' and just see what takes your fancy... You might have to order some online as the shops are often hit and miss... But then you don't always know what you're getting online ?
Yeah exactly! That’s why I’m reluctant. I might have to travel a bit further to another shop and see! I think wood will bring it together. Thank you :)

Floating plants? Red root floating plant is my favourite at the moment, it didn’t look much when I first got it but it is growing into its name.

I also liked frogbit (I think) it had the most beautiful ‘fluffy’ roots hanging down, but it didn’t like being dripped on so didn’t so so well...?
Yeah I want floating plants but I don’t want ones that hang down too much. I bought some online once and it made my tank look really dirty and horrible :(
Are there any floating plants that are medium size?

Sorry that didn’t make much sense lol. Just shut king bigger than duckweed?.
Okay thank you! They look really nice and healthy!
Definitely bigger than duckweed!

Salvinia is another good floating plant, although it’s more on the small side. I do find that frogbit is more hardy than Salvinia. :good:

Definitely bigger than duckweed!

Salvinia is another good floating plant, although it’s more on the small side. I do find that frogbit is more hardy than Salvinia. :good:
Sorry I mean just bigger than * duckweed. Auto correct lol.
Okay thanks. I’ll have a look on eBay. They’re pretty cheap on there

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back