New Tank Help Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helsekia2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,im new to fishes and have just got a 70litre tank which is cycling at the minute and im looking for advice on stocking it please when the times right thanks in advance

Hello, and welcome to fishforums! 
welcomeani.gif

In order to give you useful information, we will need:
Your Aquarium size: 70 litres (About 18.5 US Gallons)
Your water's PH and hardness (Please check your water quality report if you don't have a test kit.)
The temperature you plan to keep the tank at if heated, or the temperature range of the room if you are planning an unheated tank.
Thank you and God Bless.
happy.png

Edit: sorry, I see now it's a 70 litre tank...

Dimensions of the tank would be helpful too; some fish need more space to swim up and down than others of the same size.

Hi and welcome,

Perhaps one of the most important things is what you have in your imagination.

What kind of fish would you like? Small, large, slow, fast, plants, no plants.

It is going to be yours to admire and look after. Everyone here can give you advice as to what and how many but it really would help if you can narrow the field.

All that being said, you are coming into one of the most relaxing and satisfying hobbies around, sometimes it can be testing and there is a fast learning curve (also a lot of fun), but when you get there the feeling of satisfaction is superb.

Once again welcome 
welcomeani.gif

Richard.

Hiya,thanks for the welcome the tank is 21.5 wide x 11.5deep x 15 high.
Im not sure what i want really,smaller fish i think.i tend to like rocky with a few plants rather than heavily planted

I would recommend smaller fish myself, as the smaller the fish, the more that can be stocked
smile.png

I don't mean to be rude, but we really need your ph and hardness to make good recommendations.
hard water fish kept in soft water tend to develop mineral deficiencies,  wheras soft water fish kept in hard water develop kidney stones, among other ailments.

Hello well i got some test strips and the readings are ammonia -0 /gh -500 /ph-7.6/nitrite 1/nitrate 100

helsekia2 said:
Hello well i got some test strips and the readings are ammonia -0 /gh -500 /ph-7.6/nitrite 1/nitrate 100
That gh seems very high for your water's Ph.
With that hardness, I would expect a Ph of at least 8.0, probably over 8.5, Do your test strips have an expiration date?
If this is correct, most livebearers would like this water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back