New tank, disaster or at least it is to me

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think I treated the water the last time I filled a tank. But it was 30 years ago, and memories fade. But I do remember virtually no fish died??

I have before and after photos.
I put in the water treatment stuff, changed about 10% of the water, and added the start up treatment I mentioned yesterday. That was about teatime, and this morning the result was amazing!! ????
The scum has gone, I can see the back of the tank, and Pearl the gourami has a smile on her face.
I think I always really believed it would all come right, if I followed your advice, but didn't think it would happen as suddenly as it has. Maybe the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn created another miracle?????. It's just as well the fish shop is now closed for Xmas, so I'm forced to be patient in buying some pals for Pearl
Here's the before and after photos, Merry Xmas to all!!

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_104935.jpg
    IMG_20201222_104935.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20201224_090944.jpg
    IMG_20201224_090944.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 49
Latest update: new fish are arriving and settling in brilliantly, the tank has never looked better and healthier, and I'm wiser.
One of the spin off benefits is that quite by accident (with the aid of Google maps) I stumbled onto a new local supplier of fish and technical support in Rotherham, who will not sell fish taken from the wild. That has always worried me.
So all looks good???

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back