New Tank (at long last)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

I'm now a proud owner of a new tank just got to pick it up :D :D 4ft tank for my goldies (desperately needed a bigger house) and my tropicals are going to be moved from 43 litre bowfronted to a 60 hexangle until i can save up more cash for a long length aquarium :D .

Mum has said yes!!!!! whoooooo!!!! :D :D persuaded her by taking her to all the fish shops and she kept commented on what fish i should have in my tank.

Told her it was too small and needed to get a bigger one. And she just said well get a bigger one then!!!! i nearly fainted!!!!

:band:

Hi Bigfish

Congrats on getting the new tank. Next stop a fish house :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are two ways to fast cycle a tank.
1. Add gravel from a cycled tank, and squeeze out your foam filter into the tank.
2. Buy a bacteria culture.

This will seed your new tank with nitrifying bacteria, which means that it will be able to oxidize ammonia to nitrite and reduce nitrite to nitrate.

Add two small fish and your tank will soon be ready to accept more fish.

Remember slowly does it when adding new fish.

Dolphin
iru.gif
:teacher:

congrats on the new tank. also as much material as you can add from you already established tank will really give it a kick start. if you can use you old tanks power filter in addition to the one you may have for the new tank as the old power filter is already set to tackle the nitrogen cycle.

what size tank are you going from with this 4 footer. If it is a larger tank and has a good Biological filter then you can pull the filter and toss in the old gravel along with using about half the new tank with old tank water and you will be set.
When ever I set up a new tank I always use existing stuff and water from running tanks and I am good to go. Give the details of the old tank and we can better help you along

Les

What fish would you recommend to cycle with (4) White Cloud Mountain Minnows or (3) Zebra Diano's?

The gravel will be new so could i add as much of the old tank water as possible to the new tank along with a bacteria culture.

My new filter is a bio life one!!!! sooo many sponges

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back