New tank advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Conley

Reaction score
I inherited a bunch of glofish a year ago, 25 of them. They were in terrible shape when I got them, horrible fin rot. I managed to save 20 of them. I have them split into two 40 gallon tanks and they are all doing great however I'd like a bigger tank and I'd like to combine them. I've had my eye on this tank for awhile now but not sure if it would be good for them. I like this tank aesthetically but have never used a sump so not sure as to if it's easier/harder, if they'd like it etc.? It's an expensive tank for these guys but it fits my decor beautifully plus I figure more room can't be a bad thing...or can it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089J1MKLY/?tag=ff0d01-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow talk about a fancy tank...it a decorators tank...looks nice but really only suited for small fish. In terms of tanks one should also consider the length and height too, not just gallons. The tank you are considering is very tall so fish can only get their exercise by going up and down in depths not a left and right. But hey if it fits your decor go for it, but think hard about the types of fish you want to keep other than your glofish,

Wow talk about a fancy tank...it a decorators tank...looks nice but really only suited for small fish. In terms of tanks one should also consider the length and height too, not just gallons. The tank you are considering is very tall so fish can only get their exercise by going up and down in depths not a left and right. But hey if it fits your decor go for it, but think hard about the types of fish you want to keep other than your glofish,
So probably not a good tank for these fish? Do you think a rectangular tank would be better for them? Thanks in advance.

Personally, I think wider tanks are better. Most fish like to swim side-to-side rather than up and down.

Look your fish up on Seriously Fish (the non-glo versions) and the profile will tell you how much swimming length they need. If they're glo danios, for example, they need a fair amount of swimming room, more than you'd think for small fish because they are very active swimmers.

No that will not work for you goldfish!!!!! Goldfish are very messy and require a very large tank to fish population size.

Tank size footprint is very important, the tanks they are in now have a larger footprint than that expensive junk your link shows (Sorry to call that junk but that is all it is to me.) Please don't waste your money on that, all it is for decor and not good at all as a practical aquarium. For that much money, you can have a custom tank build to fit any decor that you wish and is much better for your goldfish.

I completely agree with Utar and I think you should avoid that impractical aquarium. However, I think OP said GLOfish, rather than GOLDfish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back