new south american puffer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i found this guy for $9USD and picked him up today! i also picked up some apple snails to breed for him.....
i got one GIANT apple snail and i was wondering if i could put it in with this puffer or if it wold get torn apart..... the snail is about 3-4 inches around and the puffers only 1 inch long.... wold it work?

Wouldnt take the risk if I were you. I'm a 100% certain it will definatly nip it, not sure about killing it, but it probably would

Snail would loose his eye stalks.. then gadually have pieces bitten off until he dies.. then the puffer would lose interest.

cool, i'll keep them sepratre... this is the first puffer ive kept so i figured id ask.

hes in a 10 now... im quarintineing him...... any chance he can go with corys and cardinals in a planted 55? i wold think the cardinals wold be to fast for him and the corys wold stick to the bottom and also out run him..... im trying him with whitecloud ATM just to see how his temperment is, but is there anyone who hast tryed these fish with others? also ive seen online that these fish can be kept in groups since there more peacful than other puffers........

thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: sirminion what happend to your martha avy? martha is one of the resons i got a puffer! i keep seeing one just like her at my LFS but i dont have to room for one like that ATM.....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back