New Shrimp tank & Trying to Plant Carpet Plant again.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello! good Morning / Evening / Night Out there.
:flowers::lol:

Wanted to Share My New Shrimp Tank Look and Trying to Plant Hairgrass Carpet for 55 Gallon Tank. ( The Fourth Times)
Hopefully Upsidedown Catfish / Featherfin Didnt uproot it This time ^_^
IMG_20200607_191230.jpg

IMG_20200607_155508.jpg

Looks awesome! Do you use CO2? I know most of carpeting plants need CO2 to grow ideally.

Looks awesome! Do you use CO2? I know most of carpeting plants need CO2 to grow ideally.
Nope. Going to wait for 1 - 2 days before installing my co2. My Featherfin / Upside down Catfish might Ruin all of the Hairgrass and maybe they will turn my hairgrass into Floating plant in 1 night :rofl:

I used crypts many of them. It did the job nicely.low light and no Co2 panics needed. Nice to see the shrimp dodging in and out of them like some miniature underwater forest.looks good.

I used crypts many of them. It did the job nicely.low light and no Co2 panics needed. Nice to see the shrimp dodging in and out of them like some miniature underwater forest.looks good.
Thanks! I might try With No CO2 first and see how it goes, But let see, hopefully, my Catfish Doesn't uproot all of it

Looks really good! have patience with the carpet planting... I hear they can take a while depending on the plant species.. :)

I think c02 not good for shrimp and will kill them......I dont have carpet plants in my tank but there must be a way to get them to spread without using co2. If not theres many amazing plants out there that's just as nice. Heres a picture of my tank that I don't use flertizer or co2
15917311956873818976505026109141.jpg
20200608_131146.jpg
15917311140774441139618771966796.jpg

I think c02 not good for shrimp and will kill them......I dont have carpet plants in my tank but there must be a way to get them to spread without using co2. If not theres many amazing plants out there that's just as nice. Heres a picture of my tank that I don't use flertizer or co2View attachment 106450View attachment 106451View attachment 106449
Yes, i know about this. I dont use Co2 @my Shrimp tank.
Only @my main tank. No shrimp.
Shrimp is really sensitive. I farm all kind of species neocaridina. Really fun, i personally really like High Grade Green Jade Shrimp. Sadly something happens and make me stop farming shrimp. I kept my Blue diamond shrimp and not long ago all of them are died.
And then here i am. Starting again on Red Cherry Shrimp.

I'm fairly new to shrimp so been doing tons of research on them. My tank has 24 red rillis, 2 blue sapphire and I think a jade.....but unsure.female for sure but I never saw her berried. . And and shes one of my longest one I had. I know you shouldn't mix colours but I'm not planning on selling retail.

I'm fairly new to shrimp so been doing tons of research on them. My tank has 24 red rillis, 2 blue sapphire and I think a jade.....but unsure.female for sure but I never saw her berried. . And and shes one of my longest one I had. I know you shouldn't mix colours but I'm not planning on selling retail.
If you do mix colors, you will get a weird brown color.

I also agree with you that you shouldn’t use Co2 in a shrimp tank.

Picture #2 in post #10 looks like a female cherry shrimp. It could just be the weird angle though...

True but it only be a very small % like i said above 24 rilllis only 2 blues and 1 possible jade.....if I end up with small amount of wild types I'm fine with that. I am not adding anymore shrimp to this tank. I might in the future set up 2nd smaller tank to cull those wild looking ones out.... but right now I dont have the room for it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back