New Setup

Ady Bowers

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 240l/4ft tank setup (tropical) but tank, hood with light, heater and filter (ideally external) only, no cabinet and finding it hard to find a decent complete package or where to buy all seperate. Can anyone suggest anything? Been looking for a while and the only thing i've come across is the Juwel Rio 240 but it has a internal filter. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Hi welcome to the forum. The two tank brands I like are evolution aqua and oase both do really nice ranges. Evolution have a really wide range of cabinets as well and the stand is quite clever with the way the frame works makes it really easy to level. I saw some new aqua one set ups a few months ago in a store and they looked good but never been impressed by the build quality but Iā€™ve not bought any of their products for a number of years and it does look like itā€™s got better.

Wills

I like the aqua one horizon 182
Itā€™s a 4ft but bit smaller than you want Iā€™m thinking of getting one myself for a breeding pair

Hi welcome to the forum. The two tank brands I like are evolution aqua and oase both do really nice ranges. Evolution have a really wide range of cabinets as well and the stand is quite clever with the way the frame works makes it really easy to level. I saw some new aqua one set ups a few months ago in a store and they looked good but never been impressed by the build quality but Iā€™ve not bought any of their products for a number of years and it does look like itā€™s got better.

Wills
Hi, Problem i have is i dont need a cabinet so struggling to find a setup without.

Wills
Hi, Problem i have is I don't need a cabinet so struggling to find a setup without.

I'm looking for a 240l/4ft tank setup (tropical) but tank, hood with light, heater and filter (ideally external) only, no cabinet and finding it hard to find a decent complete package or where to buy all seperate. Can anyone suggest anything? Been looking for a while and the only thing i've come across is the Juwel Rio 240 but it has a internal filter. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
What about buying the Rio and selling the internal and putting the money towards an external filter?

You can usually buy just the tank and hood and some come with lights but would be hard to find bundle with filter but if you got an oase tank and hood you could get an oase filter to go with it for example same with brands like fluval too

You can usually buy just the tank and hood and some come with lights but would be hard to find bundle with filter but if you got an oase tank and hood you could get an oase filter to go with it for example same with brands like fluval too
struggling to find a site to buy just a tank and hood. They all seem to come as a package.

What about buying the Rio and selling the internal and putting the money towards an external filter?
yeah that could be a good option. I used to keep fish years ago and wanting to get back into it I was surprised to find how hard it was to find just a tank and decent hood and light. 95% of them all seem to come as a package with cabinet which I don't need as its going on a big solid unit with cupboards underneath with access at the back. Could you recommend any websites?

Your best bet for a tank with everything is too find one second hand , the stuff never really hold its value and can get some good deals

I got mine online from charter house aquatics. Swell uk is worth a look too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back